Thursday, July 14, 2011

Athens

Arrived in Athens and am staying at a hostel my first night. I they have a roof top bar and i met lots of friendly solo travelers. Here is the view of the acropolis from the bar, amazing!!



The next Morning they offered a walking tour so I took part in that. Here is another picture of the acropolis from the roman market. The plaka area is right in front of this pic. It is the original old town before Athens became the capital.


Here is a pic of the changing of the guard. They guards are kinda like they are at buckingham palace, you can stand next o them an make funny faces but they won't smile or anything. They have a funny march when they do this changing of the guard. They kick one leg really high in the air.


Everyone had been saying a lot of unrest is going on in Greece. I have not seen much of it. There is a lot of military around an a lot of people camping out in the main square protesting but is all seems pretty mellow. The tour guide called it peaceful protesting. Overall atens was great. I will be back there in 10 days. Off to the islands!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:,Greece

No comments:

Post a Comment